General OB/GYN Services
Gynecology is a medical field that studies women’s bodies, particularly the intricate mechanics of the reproductive system. From sex education to detecting cervical cancers, gynecologists can help you better understand how your body works and what you can do to keep it safe. Every adult woman and a female-bodied person should see a gynecologist yearly to maintain the best reproductive health.
What Should I Expect From My Annual OB/GYN Exam?
You should start seeing a gynecologist regularly once you turn 21 or become sexually active, whichever comes first. Whatever age you are, you should also make an appointment if you’re experiencing issues such as stomach pains, fevers, strong-smelling vaginal fluid or problems with your period.
The direction of your appointments will vary based on common concerns for your age group. Still, most annual exams throughout your life will include:
- Pap smears: Pap smears can detect cervical cancer or other abnormal cell types as well as sexually transmitted diseases (STIs) like HPV. You should get this test every three to five years.
- Pelvic exams: This exam explores your vagina and cervix to ensure the health of your reproductive organs.
- Breast exams: Consistent breast exams can help detect any lumps or abnormalities early in their development. After age 40, your breast exams will also include mammograms.
Annual exams allow your doctor to see how your reproductive system is working. Exams also give you the chance to ask questions about your body and bring up any changes you’d like to make, whether they relate to nutrition, medication or other lifestyle choices. At Mile High OB/GYN, our doctors are prepared to discuss any of the following:
- Birth control and family planning
- Fertility and prenatal care
- Screening and prevention for STIs
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic pain
- Osteoporosis or bone health
- Menstrual and menopausal concerns
- Anything related to your vaginal and reproductive health
Schedule an Annual Exam Near You at Mile High OB/GYN
Whether you’re ready for your first gynecological exam or you’re looking to switch providers, the doctors at Mile High OB/GYN are prepared to serve you. We’re dedicated to creating a welcoming, diverse environment where our patients can feel comfortable and cared for.
To get started, call us at one of our clinics in Denver, Rose or Englewood. You can also schedule your appointment at any of our locations online.